Re: At the Gospel

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:19:33 -0700

Last Friday Bob Adler and I were photographing at Mission San Antonio de Padua:

http://www.pelicannetwork.net/mission.san.antonio.htm

This mission is out in the middle of the Las Padres National Forest and part of a military base (Hunter Liggett). We were there a little after 8am - absolutely no one there. A lady drove up, a guy came out of the mission, he looked at me and said "are you a fryer?" I said no, I'm more of a "roaster". The guy said "I saw your sandals and I thought you were a friar". It then dawned on me what he meant...

I wear Birkenstocks 100% of the time. And I didn't really say "I'm more of a roaster", but I wanted to...

:-)

Jim

At 04:36 PM 4/23/2007 -0500, Jeff S. Matsler wrote:
Sonny,

This is a lovely picture.  Congratulations on your parish's extended ministry.

I preached on the same passage yesterday (maybe Ken did too?). I doubt my sermon was up to standards with the bishop's though!

We won't confirm our confirmands until May 13th, so it seems you've beat us to the punch. ;-)

Again, wonderful shot of a great celebration - on so many levels.

Jeff M
Amarillo, Tx