Re: A Prodigal Son returns, was Munching out.

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:18:15 -0700

On May 22, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Roger Beamon wrote:

On May 22, 2009, at 4:16 PM, Roger Beamon wrote:

Yeah, who're kidding, Mark. That bird was a superb effort on the
part of the taxidermist, and your pod mounted 100mm Elmarit Macro,
right?  ;-)

Seriously... great pic. Belongs on the cover of a field guide.

hi Roger...

that's what I was thinking,

Steve

Hi Doc,

Will begin paying a bit more attention to the LEG as I have an M8.2 enroute from Dale Photo and Optical in Hollywood, FL. I tried to enter the digital photo world with a Nikon D700 and the Nikkor 24-70 recently. The duo was marvelous, but it just wasn't my style, particularly nowadays. Catching up with Prof. Grant as I am, I'm finding that the smaller and lighter kit is desirable, and once infected with the Teutonic Flu, it's hard to shake!

So, the Nikon gear was traded and now I'll be reverting to my 35 Lux, 50 Cron and 90 Elmarit. The 35 Lux is headed to Leica, NJ for coding and calibrating (understand that it will require coding more than the others which may not need it at all). These and my M6 will do for my walkin' around happy snaps, just fine. If I can't do without the latest and greatest in a year or so, then I'll add the current darling of the DSLRS at that time or later. No, it will not be an S2! :-) Its anticipated price makes my eyes water.

Keep posting those pics, men. They're very inspiring!

welcome back so....

great to hear from you,

Steve

Roger