[LandXML] Point ID in Faces

  • From: <JohannJ.Stampler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 05:44:19 -0500

Hello,

My team just found a problem, that in some LandXML files point indices in the
<F> element are 0-based and in some they are 1-based. What is correct? The
specification says that the indices in the <F> element refer to the ID of a <P>
element. This ID is specified to be a positive integer. So in my opinion, it is
wrong to start indices with zero. Is it possible that the values sometimes
refer to the <P>-element’s ID and sometimes to its position (0-based index)
within the parent <Pnts> element? If yes, how can we recognize that?

In the attached example, there are 778 surface points with ID starting by 1,
but the indices in the <F> elements start by 0.

I tested the file with the online SVG converter and it failed. Anyway, I am not
sure and it is not clearly pointed out in the specification.

Best regards,

Johann Stampler jr.

Software Developer

Bentley Systems Austria GmbH

P     Please don't print this email unless you really need to.

JPEG image