[LandXML] LandXML - Bentley/In Roads to Land Desktop 2006

  • From: "Sean Twomey" <stwomey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:20:11 -0700

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to import an XML file into Land Desktop
2006 (all patches).  It's a real struggle on the user level to actually get
XML to work properly.  It seems like a pretty straight forward concept but I
can not get it to work properly from a Bentley product to Land Desktop.  As
I understand it, Land Desktop is pretty much the instigators of the LandXML
format.  I know XML is a loose set of data coding/formatting and that
LandXML is trying to tighten this up with a set of standards.  Is this an
issue between Bentley and AutoDesk?  I emailed a Bentley official once and
he seemed to indicate that Bentley's thoughts on XML was that it is a way to
get raw data to another computer/cad platform as opposed to a finished
surface or complete alignment etc...  Does this ring true?

If anyone has any help on this I would appreciate it, or at least some sort
of steer in the correct direction!  To recap I just want help in importing
an XML file (a 26 mb file) purportedly from Bentley Inroads into Land
Desktop 2006 format.

Thanks!

Sean Twomey
Dibble & Associates