[LandXML] Re: LandXML - Bentley/In Roads

  • From: "Hugh Dixon" <hugh.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:26:56 +1100

Thankyou all for your assistance with this.
The core problem however remains.  We are trying to map objects from out
data structures into LandXML elements/attributes, and then into another
product.
How we do our mapping, naturally, makes perfect sense to us :)  There
seems to be some confusion (on our and our users part) when the second
mapping is applied with data either not being as expected, or
disappearing totally.

I believe that LINZ, a major LandXML user, provides a document detailing
what parts of LandXML they support, and how they interpret it.
Has there been any move to encourage software providers/developers to
supply this sort of information to the wider community?
We do have this information available, although I suspect it may be
difficult to find, and may not be particularly clear.
Does anyone else see a need for this information to be readily
available, and has anyone thought about a suitable format?

Comments appreciated....

 --
 Hugh Dixon
 www.liscad.com