[LandXML] How would you do it?

  • From: "jim.cox" <jim.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <landxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:21:18 +1300

In light of the recent discussion of adding features to LandXML coding

How would you model intersection delay with LandXML?

LandXML's intersection coding is awkward - and has no concept of delay - yet
it has volumes and turn speeds

Rather than adding delay as yet another feature, it seems more appropriate
to just add it as an element.

How fault tolerant are your systems?  Would this break your software?  What
happens we you see badly formed LandXML - can you process it at all?

We are making a number of decisions like this - basically it boils down to
"LandXML wont do it :( ,  so how do we best extend what is there?"

Ultimately we would like it so that any LandXML compliant package will draw
the dots and lines of a basic network - even if it does not exactly
"understand" it all

Your input is welcomed :)

advTHANKXance

jim.cox

PS: My aplogies if you see more than one copy of this message - I'm appear
to be having trouble sending, and dont see the message going round

=mjc=
.