more follow up

  • From: "Dan Spiess" <dspiess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klamathsiskiyouems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:18:37 -0800

Dear All

We are still working on the scope of practice issue of Oregon personnel
responding into California.  When I last sent you an email, we had made
a number of contacts with the state.  They are being very helpful in
this matter.  At this point our Medical Director, nurse clinical staff
and I have drafted a position based upon regulation, other state
documents and our "interpretation" of those documents.  The position
deals with EMTs and Paramedics.  Nursing issues are being dealt with
between us and the BRN, the nursing licensure authority.

While I wish there was an answer today to our questions, we want to be
extremely accurate.  It seems as though these matters would be clearly
defined, but that is not the case.

When we have definitive answers I will let you know.

Thanks again for your patience with this important matter and bearing
with me.

Dan