Update on the liability question

  • From: "Monte Keady" <MKeady@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klamathsiskiyouems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:44:02 -0800

From: Dave Groff [mailto:dgroff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 2:31 PM
To: Christopher Palmer
Cc: Jim Wenzel; Cheryl Hukill; Al Switzer; John Elliott; Thomas Guarino;
Stacey Clough; Susan Johnson
Subject: RE: Confirmation of conversation

Good afternoon Chris -

I had a chance to speak with the Chair of our Board of Commissioners,
Cheryl Hukill, and she tells me the concern voiced to her had to do with
differences in tort liability law and ambulance services across state

As I mentioned to you, ambulance services here are provided through Fire
District 1, which has its own attorney, and not by Klamath County.

It appears that any agreements, MOUs, etc. addressing comparative
liability issues would need to be addressed by the Fire District, rather
than by the County.

I have copied the fire district's attorney, Steve Hedlund, as well as
Fire Chief Jim Wenzel, in case you or the Supervisors in Siskiyou County
wish to pursue these matters further.

Best wishes,

- Dave

Klamath County Counsel

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have
received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply
e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the
message and any attachments from your system.

Monte B Keady

Division Chief - Training/EMS

Klamath County Fire District No. 1

143 N Broad Street,

Klamath Falls OR 97601

541.885.2059 ext.109

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including any attachments)
copies of the original message.

Privacy Notice: This e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are herby notified that any retention, dissemination,
Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error,
and then delete it. Thank you.