RE: Update from Butte Valley Ambulance Service

  • From: "Monte Keady" <MKeady@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klamathsiskiyouems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:20:33 -0800

I believe that the following items were identified.

1.     Create a stable EMS system in the Dorris area.

a.     I agree with Chief Ketchum good job on significant headway.

2.     The ALS/BLS issue at the State line.

a.     I have not received any word about a solution to that problem,
but I am not sure that it will require the entire group meeting.

3.     The 9-1-1 Centers had issues they were going to communicate on.

a.     I have not heard much from the 9-1-1 centers to ensure their
needs are met, but I am not sure they are not met.

4.     The Tort law limitations in California for Oregon agencies was a
concern.

a.     I saw some communications on that issue but not sure it is (or
can be) resolved.

b.     Each agency should consider their insurance to ensure adequacy.

5.     EMT training received in Oregon being reciprocal in California.

a.     Has this been adequately researched?

I don't feel any desire to meet just to meet, but I don't want to leave
anybody who is looking for answers without help.

Monte B Keady

Division Chief - Training/EMS

Klamath County Fire District No. 1

143 N Broad Street,