Update from Butte Valley Ambulance Service

  • From: "Butte Valley Ambulance Service" <bvas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <klamathsiskiyouems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:39:45 -0800

Hello,

The Butte Valley Ambulance Service, Inc. (BVAS) and the Dorris Volunteer
Fire Department (DVFD) had a very nice dinner and meeting last Thursday
evening at the Butte Valley Ambulance Service building.

As reported in our email of February 11th, the BVAS and DVFD were in the
process of meeting to develop ways to work mutually together to provide the
best patient care for the citizens of Butte Valley.

Our meeting on Thursday evening was very productive.  The BVAS and DVFD
agreed to a plan that we will try for 90 days.  At the end of the 90 days we
will meet again to discuss any issues that arise and also report back on
efforts to recruit more EMTs and other emergency personnel.  The plan we
developed will provide a short term fix while recruitment and training are
established.  The ultimate goal is to recruit and train more EMTs in our
area in effort to fully support the ambulance service.

At the initial round table meeting in Keno in January it was mentioned that
the group would have a follow up meeting to discuss the issues presented.

Does anyone on the Klamath Siskiyou EMS group feel that a meeting needs to
be scheduled at this time?  The BVAS would offer to host the meeting if one
is scheduled.

Thank you.

Heather Criss

Butte Valley Ambulance Service, Inc.