[Klamath County Fire Defense Board] Re: Fire Dispatch Script

  • From: "Eric Trygstad" <eric_trygstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klamathcountyfdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:03:20 -0700

This sounds similar to the system Jackson County uses. So, being familiar
with it, could I make a suggestion/example?

If I were to come up on a scene on Spring Creek Hill on Hwy 97, it could be
"FireComm, 2211 on-scene with a single vehicle rollover, vehicle on all
wheels, blah,blah,blah, this will be Spring Creek Command". Then, at the end
of the incident, "FireComm, all occupants are refusing treatment, Spring
Creek Command is terminated, 2211 is returning available".

Even though it is on Hwy 97, the name can be anything the IC decides (i.e. a
landmark (as in my example), a street name, a milepost, etc.).

Here's why I think this - Dist 1 could have three incidents on the same
street - a "Washburn Command" (name of the street), and a "Fred Meyer
Command" (landmark), and a Walmart Command" (another landmark).

In another example, since most of us are rural, I believe it would be
acceptable (correct me if I'm wrong Keith) to call my incident Chiloquin
Command, and then if a second incident occurred, it could be called Spring
Creek Command (or whatever) even though both incidents were on Hwy 97.

I'm excited for this. I think it will help a great deal in the long run.

Eric Trygstad

Chiloquin Fire, and the Training Assoc.