-----Original Message-----
From: Haddock, Michael R -FS [mailto:mhaddock@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:04 AM
To: BLM_OR_LV_ALL; BLM_OR_KF_All; FS-pdl r6 frewin all employees; Betsy
Schenk/R1/FWS/DOI; David Goheen/KBNWR/R1/FWS/DOI; Greg Funderburk/CRLA/NPS;
TYREE, LESLIE A CMSgt USAF ANG 173 CES/CEF; firechief@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Otterson, Tyler -FS; firechief@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Darren Yazzie

All,

As many of you know, Darren Yazzie, has been battling cancer. Currently, he
is at home, being taken care of by his wife, Judi, with the assistance of
the local hospice. Darren has requested that I be the family liaison between
their family and the Forest Service. It is a great honor to take on this
role. My primary task is to support the family's wishes and to utilize all
the resources at my disposal to meet their needs.

As many of you probably realize, Darren has good days and bad days. He has a
small window of time each day that he is up for visiting. During these small
windows is when Judi gets to spend her quality time with Darren. Judi has
requested that people contact her or myself to see if it is a good time to
visit Darren. That being said, not everyone will get to see Darren unless
his condition improves. Please do not take this the wrong way. It is the
nature of the illness, and Judi's wish, to spend quality time with her
husband.

A website is set up through CaringBridge to keep folks updated and/or for
guests to post a message to the family. If you are interested  go to
www.caringbridge.org <http://www.caringbridge.org/>  and request the website
for darrenyazzie, all one word, when prompted by the website as to who you
want to search for. I believe there is an initial set up where you create a
password but this only takes a minute.

An account titled "Donation Account For Darren Yazzie"  has been set up at
South Valley Bank & Trust or by mail to:

South Valley Bank & Trust

P.O. Box 5210

Klamath Falls, OR 97601

ATTN: Donation Account For Darren Yazzie

Or at any South Valley Bank and Trust branch

I am sending this message to the FS/BLM in Klamath Falls and Lakeview. If
you know of anyone else who knows Darren and would like to be updated,
please forward this message on.

I know this is a difficult time for all. If you want more information, feel
free to give me a call anytime. My cell is 541-219=1439.

Mike

Michael R . Haddock
Deputy Interagency Fire Management Officer
Fremont-Winema NF & Lakeview District BLM
(541) 883-6863
mhaddock@xxxxxxxxx