[klaatumail] Re: travel faster than light

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 15:10:01 +0000

> Keep in mind, you're not looking at the light from the Big Bang.
> THAT light has long since gone past us.  We're seeing the light from
> billions of stars that are, or least were burning at sometime AFTER the Big
> Bang.  When talking of billions of light years, a few hundred million light
> years, give or take, is relatively insignificant.

My point exactly. The difference between light from 14 billion years ago and
the time of the big bang is only a few hundred million years, so how is it we
got to where we are after the big bang and the light from AFTER the big bang
has taken 14 million years to catch up to us?  It should have been here long
before we got here because WE aren't travelling close to the speed of light.

Dave