[klaatumail] Re: No Konntent: Posting my first YouTube video

  • From: "Glen (aka Barney Rubble)" <barneyrubble120@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:15:21 -0300

Hey friends, S:^)

Jaimie mentions:
> Barney,
>
> Congratulations on controlling (if not conquering) your disability. You're a
> brave warrior and happy to hear you're the exception and not the rule. Shout
> it from the rooftops. Sounds to me like the naysayers are the same people
> that told my wife that IBS was NOT stress induced.

It may or may not be stress-_induced_, but stress _definitely_
exacerbates the problem. It's like saying an ulcer isn't
stress-reduced: maybe not _always_, but at least part of the time. I'm
hoping controlling (which I'd say is as good as conquering) UC
_becomes_ the norm, instead of the exception, which is what I'm trying
to help with by doing this (and other) videos. I succeeded in living a
normal life (you all saw me at World Kontact Day! S:^) )

The irony is that my mother has IBS, and has _not_ been following my
example out of fear her symptoms are going to get _worse_. Oh, man...

Horse says:
> Very Positive video Glen...thanks for sharing...would have came in handy 15
> years ago for my Uncle...may come in handy for others.

I'm hoping it does, and am sorry your uncle had to go through UC.

Leslie shares:
> As someone who suffers from stress induced digestive problems and having
> survived major
> stomach surgery in 1993, I can relate well the the Video. My husband also has
> Ulcerative
> Proctitis which is also a issue similar to Colitis but he does not need pills
> as he uses
> Salofalk. What fun that is, not.

I can definitely imagine your pain. Stress _can_ be a problem for
many, many things that doctors have yet to see. Some even advocate
that a sound, balanced mind is the best cure for any ailment. (I still
think diet has something to do with digestive issues at least half the
time, but that's my opinion.)

> In my case, I have had issues with my stomach of late as I am so stressed out
> and I enjoyed your video and hopefully, soon I can be on the right side of
> the wall too

I'll admit that taking stress out of the equation helps a great deal
(which is why I recommend meditation, even if I don't do it very often
myself). I'll give a brief "Coming Attractions" of the videos I am
planning to make:

- what people should avoid eating isn't necessarily seen by the
medical establishment as "unhealthy food"... and may differ from one
person to the next! How to figure out what's ailing you? The simplest
(and least expensive) way is to keep a journal of what you eat and if
you have to get symptoms soon after. Checking ingredients is _key_, as
you may be able to eat, say, one brand of yogourt but not another. I
went a few steps up, of course, with bio-meridian testing (i.e. Omega
Testing, Vega Testing... it may sound suspicious, but BOY did it work
for me!). One "surprise" mention: I can eat certain brands of chicken
wings (wait, _fried_ food?) and drink milk with _no_ _problems_
whatsoever (such as what I did for my most recent symptoms to get me
back on track), but I can't touch most store-bought sauces and some
soups, or even most "fat-free" yogourt!

- how an Ulcerative Colitis diagnosis may be "leaky gut syndrome"...
and at times, the symptoms of UC/Crohn's and leaky gut syndrome seem
to be one and the same.

- how the drugs my doctors prescribed for me worked for me: Prednizone
was like God's touch for the first few weeks (heck, I'd never felt
better, stronger, faster, or more productive!)... but it comes with
possibly huge costs if you stick with it for the long term, and
there's no guarantee staying on it will mean you're completely "all
right". Asacol was a joke (5 molecules of aspirin? Bound together by a
sulfur-free binder that implies I'm going to have to pay $400 a month
for prescriptions... for _Aspirin_???).

- the natural supplements I used to bring my body back to health,
aside the ones I used to overcome my UC... and how today, I hardly use
any!

- how "food rotating" still allows me to eat foods with wheat (white
flour, whole wheat flour, wheat starch, "food starch", etc.) at least
part of the time, with no symptoms.

- being honest about my occasional "lapses" (about twice a year, when
I feel I have little time to monitor my foods, or become
over-confident)... and how I quickly surmount them (Hey, took me all
of _three_ days to lose the symptoms this time! Soon, I'll be able to
eat foods with corn starch again...) simply by observing and
correcting my diet.

Basically, other details are already covered on YouTube by both video
commentators and written comments (I've seen mention of the book
"Breaking the Vicious Cycle" a few times, and have mentioned
"Allergies: Disease in Disguise" myself while commenting on other
people's videos). But if people ask me to post comments on those, I
will as well.

Wishing you _all_ good health, and thanking you for your encouragement
and acceptance,
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)

PS: I am going to do my absolute _best_ to keep the Klaatu list first
and foremostly focused on... Klaatu! S:^D