[klaatumail] Music Gaatherings, North and South....

  • From: no1voice <no1voice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:11:36 -0800

> A fundraising night in honour of ME :-)
>
> With performances scheduled (so far) by Desmond Nathan Hircock ,
> Terry Draper (ex-Klaatu), Luke Jackson , Todd Miller , Bob Reid ,
> The Kings [hit songmakers of "Switchin' To Glide"), Swedish Fish,
> Cheaper Than Therapy, Jaimie's first band Swindled's 30th
> Anniversary Reunion and a Spare Parts/Sharon'SISTER reunion
> featuring Maureen Leeson and Jaimie Vernon. More to be announced!

CONGRATS, Jaimie!
I wish I could be there, guys!

I AM going to the SXSW festival this year, tho!
Driving out, solo, from So Cal & 'winging it'!
(kind of scary at my age, but wth-)

It's sort of a road trip / vision quest, as I've recently felt there's
been too much mouse clickin' and not enough guitar pickin'!

Do any fellow Klaatusians / musicians know much about
the SXSW festival, or the city of Austin in general?

When the last time any of you made a 3,000 mile road trip?
I need as many tips and suggestions as anyone might have!

Thanx for your help in advance, folks!

-  Joel-Steven     (Kaalifornia Klaatusian)     8^D