[klaatumail] Re: Klaatu questions

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 23:28:56 -0400

At Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:51:57 Ken wrote:

> my bad. yes, i was asking about the rare UNflanged outro version. is
> that the one on Attic? also, i completely forgot about Bloodstone. was that
> ever put out on CD or is it another nearly impossible-to-find 45? also,
> does it bear any resemblance to the "Klaatu sound"?

The Attic 2-fer-1 of Sir Army/Endangered Species is the item you are looking
for. I just sold my last cassette copy of this, sealed, through Ebay a few
weeks ago. The CDs are little tougher to find at a good price...most people are
selling them for over $30 or more.

The Bloodstone single, as Dave pointed out in an earlier post, might be one of
the most difficult Klaatu related items to find. However....there is 'hope'.
Bullseye OWNS the Bloodstone single and the plan is to include the two sides of
the single on Dee's early demo material CD which we'll release in limited
edition like the McManus release.

The Bloodstone stuff is NOTHING like Klaatu. It stems from an era when Toronto
groups were struggling between pop music and R & B (the traditional kind, not
that NEW R & B crap Beyonce attaches her name to). Toronto's musical roots are
historically R & B and Bloodstone came from that background because it was
easier to get paying gigs in the '60s at the established clubs then. John and
Terry were both in an R & B band called the Four Do's & A Don't which later
evolved into The Innocence Of Virgil Scott around the same time that Dee was in
Bloodstone.

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
1-800-JOE-RADI(O) // 1-800-563-7234
CDs: http://www.bullseyecanada.com
MP3s: http://www.bullseyesongs.com
RADIO: http://www.radiothatdoesntsuck.com
SWAG: http://www.cafepress.com/bullseyecanada
TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/bullseyecanada
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/bullseyecanada

Author, Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Pop_Encyclopedia/

PERSONAL - http://www.myspace.com/jaimievernonsmovingtargetz
               - http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/Jaimie-Vernon
BLOG - http://verminator.livejournal.com
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/jaimievernon

Stay on top of things, check email from other accounts!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?71355