[klaatumail] Re: Alex ($100.00) Ferraro is back online!

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:12:56 +0000

Glen,

> I might end up having to pay $100 for an LP copy
> of the Emitt Rhodes self-titled LP I discovered
> in a bandmate's record crate and borrowed...

Nah, you can get it all on CD for much less than that.

Go to Amazon and search for "Emitt Rhodes Recordings 1969-1973" and you'll see
a box set of everything he did solo after leaving "The Merry Go Round" as well
as an album he did solo while still in the band as well.  I just checked Amazon
and this set is selling for $28.36 (USD).

> Why am I only hearing of this Macca/Rafferty/Left
> Banke/Gilbert O'Sullivan-type genius now???

Considering there are others on this list that have talked at great length
about him here over the years, I'd have to say you've had blinders on or were
falling behind on your mail and skipped a bunch. :)

Dave