[kismac] Re: wordlists

  • From: Jake Trimble <monkeys.steal.my.boxers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:20:50 -0600

Thanks for your quick responses. I am trying to crack a 40-bit Apple Key. I think thats what it is. I am sharing my internet via an imac from ethernet (the modem) to the airport. I have cracked it using a weak scheduling attack and injection in 15 minutes with a wusb11 (ver2.5), but I am trying to use a wordlist this time.

-jake

On Mar 31, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Matt Gibson wrote:

On 31 Mar 2007, at 20:09, Jake Trimble wrote:

No, my password is just 5 characters long... Let's say that my password was hello. I would create a .txt file in textedit that only contains "hello" on a single line, and kismac would say that the password was not found. Has anyone had a single crack with a wordlist here?
-jake

Oh, okay, I thought you might be using WPA, which is what I'd been looking at, but the minimum password length for that is 8 characters, isn't it? What kind of password are you trying to crack? (Not that I think I can help much, I'm afraid, but it's the logical next question for anyone else who wants to jump in and help...)

Cheers,

Matt