[kismac] Re: wordlists

  • From: Jake Trimble <monkeys.steal.my.boxers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:09:27 -0600

No, my password is just 5 characters long... Let's say that my password was hello. I would create a .txt file in textedit that only contains "hello" on a single line, and kismac would say that the password was not found. Has anyone had a single crack with a wordlist here?

-jake

On Mar 31, 2007, at 1:42 AM, Matt Gibson wrote:

On 31 Mar 2007, at 02:11, Jake Trimble wrote:

I am having trouble with wordlists... I cannot seem to get kismac to read any of mine. Even if I make a text file with the correct password to my wireless connection, it always fails at cracking. What format do the lists need to be in? Thanks,

Is your password eight characters long? I think I noticed a problem with that the other month... If it is, can you do me a favour and try it with a nine-character password, and see what happens?

Ta,

Matt