[kismac] Re: wireless equipment

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:54:14 +0200

> hey,
> i'm looking to acquire a pcmcia wireless network card AND an external
> directional-antenna to go with it.. I use a powerbook/1ghz/osx10.2.6
> and
> would like the benefit of being able to modify my mac-address, as well
> as superior uhm.. range with the aid of said antenna. any good ideas?
> of course, the card must be supported by the glorious kismac!

there are three choices.

a lucent hermes based card (35mw):
        those have an antenna jack
        you can modify your macaddress
        range is normal

a prism2 card (senao 200mw):
        anntenna jack too
        modify macaddress
        range is superior
        <http://www.3dimension.com/WirelessLANCardSL2511CDPLUSEXT2.htm> WEP
support seems to broken in wireless driver

a cisco card (100 mw)
        two antenna jacks
        you can NOT modify the macaddress
        range is superior
        extraordinary MacOS X support

-- File: PGP.sig
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (Darwin)