[kismac] Re: what is required to crack WPA?

  • From: adese <adese0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:09:26 -0400

One only needs 1 handshake that indeed "can be captured". like I said
earlier, it's captured when a client connects to an access point / router.

bruteforcing with JTR could take a very long time. refer to this :
http://lastbit.com/pswcalc.asp so you can start disappointing yourself.

this is why you should at least try a dictionary attack with a real big
wordlist before you try the lengthy task of bruteforcing.

-adese