[kismac] Re: tiBook 400mhz, Airport card, 10.4.6, 0.2a - can't use as primary device

  • From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:34:06 -0400

That feature only works with prism2 based pcmcia or USB wireless devices. Your airport card uses a hermes chip set (like the Orinoco cards).

If you want to take advantage of all KisMAC features I recommend you get one of these cards:

http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php? cPath=2&products_id=5&osCsid=5075ce873f558518f3c5d8096715e498

It is the one I use with my G4 Ti book and it works flawlessly under 10.4.6.

On May 2, 2006, at 9:08 AM, Matt Kime wrote:

I'm new here, so go easy on me ;)

I'm trying to use kismac with my powerbook g4 400mhz, airport card and
OS X 10.4.6. I'm using the latest version of kismac, 0.2a.

While it seems that I can install the passive driver, i'm unable to
check "use as primary device."

How do I go about troubleshooting this?

many thanks,