[kismac] setup

  • From: Daren Fentiman <daren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:28:38 -0800

Hi Mick, and all that can help.
Ok here goes.
I have just purchased a Senao 2511 cdplus pcmcia card. (the one with 2
external antenna jacks) 200 mw.
I am currently on a
TI G4 866mhz
running OSX 10.2.5  512k ram etc.
I have the internal airport card installed. And have the Senao card
installed hooked up to one antenna.

My question is what the best config is to take advantage of this card?
I use it under kismac running the macjack driver, and it seems to work
fine. It does crash when I sort the columns  via wep/ non wep etc.

I want to be able to use this as my main card.
I found a driver from IOXperts that will drive the card. (they want to
charge for there driver) it goes dead after 30 min.
Then I found another free driver from http://sourceforge.net/
Is there a better driver?
Can I use the airport card, and the Senao card at the same time.
Thanks for all the effort
Daren