[kismac] Re: r148 works with Intel MacBook Pro

  • From: "John Warren" <xaive1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:31:36 -0700

I have a Garmin Rino.  You'll need to switch to NMEA (4800 baud)
output on your unit if it isn't already set there.  You'll need the
drivers for your Serial (9-pin) to USB connector.  Other than that
it's pretty much plug in an duse with kismac.  Once you plug it in,
kismac should have the USB serial device listed as a selection on the
GPS tab of preferences.

Now that I've said that... you should really try gpsd.  There's info
about it on the kismac trac page.

On 5/24/06, James Kelly <macubergeek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just tried it and it seems to work with Intel MacBook Pro. I can sniff/stumble in passive mode. Haven't tried wep cracking yet.

Has anyone tried WPA/WEP cracking with this rev?

Also I have a Garmin GPS with 9pin cable connector. I also have a Kespan usb
adapter. Has anyone had any GPS experience with Kismac? Which model do you
use? How do you do mapping of found access points?

Jim K

Bow to my signature...arrraaahhhhhh