[kismac] proxim orinoco lucent wavelan...

  • From: Lasse Jespersen <l.j@xxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:24:59 +0100

From Lucent.com:

The ORiNOCO Wireless LAN products (formerly WaveLAN) are now part of Proxim, which was spun off from Agere Systems in August 2002, which was spun off from Lucent in 2001. For product support or purchase inquiries, please visit Proxim's Web site at www.proxim.com

... *expletive deleted* ...

So it seems that the only way I can get my hands on a orinoco gold is via Proxim? I remember someone in this mailinglist advising AGAINST proxim :

On Tuesday, Nov 18, 2003, at 08:10 US/Eastern, Erik Winkler wrote:

This card works great with Kismac. I have used and tested it. Make
sure to get the "classic" gold orinoco as the new Proxim orinocos use
different chip set and are not compatible with Kismac,

Erik

So - Just to be very sure before i purchase such an Orinoco Classsic Gold from Proxim - Will it work with Kismac? Should Kismac´s set of drivers be adequate or should I use IOXpert's set? And on a sidenote: do you guys make your own antennas? I read that these cards use a proprietary antenna port that won't work with standard wireless antennas.

Thanks in advance ;)

/Lasse