[kismac] Re: prototype Google Earth .kismac server

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:28:13 +0800

OK - there's now an extra network link in the KML file on the web site, and I think it actually gives better results than the existing two. It picks 200 random networks from the view area, which has much less tendency to cluster in one (i.e. the most recently scanned) area. It should be reasonably OK on the server load (response time is still very fast at the moment), but I'd appreciate further testing (and return visits from those who've already tried it).

If you've already tried it, please get a new copy of the KML link file from the server (feel free to upload some more nets while you're at it!)

Cheers,
Robin

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx