[kismac] Re: prism2 driver woes

  • From: Ryan Verner <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:15:05 +1030

On 28/02/2004, at 4:52 PM, Gerald Koh wrote:

thanks for the info! the goal is not to have kismac running whenever the the machine is on, it is that kismac fails to unload the driver sometimes, forcing a reboot the next time i want to run it. typically this happens every few days, and usually after i leave it one for a few hours or more (although sometimes it only scans for like 30 sec and stops)

Hmm. I find KisMAC isn't hugely stable; it's reasonable, but it's crashed out and died on me quite a few times during stumbles. It doesn't happen often, but it certainly would within a few days of consistent running. At least, this has been my experiences.

what exactly does the driver tool do? can't i just go into /dev/ and type some stuff to do the same thing?

As far as I know, just kext(un)load's modules accordingly.

Signature space for rent.