[kismac] prism chipset USB availability

  • From: Dave Lugo <dlugo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:03:11 -0400 (EDT)

(posed int he hope it might help other folks
looking for a prism chipset USB unit)

Hi,

I've recenly had some challenges finding a current source
of USB wireless dongles that use the Prism chipset.  After
a few "no stock" results, I ended up going with this:

<http://www.netdeals4u.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=usb-480&Search.x=0&Search.y=0>

The picture is for a USB-400, but the item is the USB-480.  I
ordered two of them (so I can have a spare that I might possibly
hack an external antenna onto).  They showed up last week.

Kismac (R65)works perfectly with it :)

Dave Lugo   dlugo@xxxxxxxxxxxx    LC Unit #260   TINLC