[kismac] prism 2.5 OSx (slight OT, sorry)

  • From: Johnny Cache <johnycsh@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:01:16 -0600 (CST)

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to get my nice new SMC2532W-B card to work in OSX and this
seemed like the best place to ask about it. It works great in kismac
(thanks for such a nice program mick!) but I'd like to be able to
associate with a network once ive found it.

I'm perfectly aware of the IOXpert device driver, and im even willing to
pay the $20 for it except that i would very much like to spoof my mac
address and that driver looks specifically modification unfriendly (since
its tied to your mac to begin with)

So has anyone out there gotten the WirelessDriver.org drver to work for
the SMC2532W-B card or any prism 2.5 card? I thought that people did in
fact have it work on various 2.5 cards, but maybe im mistaken.

For the record, i have modified the Info.plist to include the correct
IOName (added the line line <string> pccardd601,5 </string> ) in the
correct spot but I get the impression that somehow the IOKit driver isnt
attempting to load/start/whatever the WirelessDriver.org driver since i
never get any output at all from the WirelessDriver.org drivver in the
console. Later when I installed the ioxpert driver i noticed that it has
the exact same key in the IONameMatch section of the Info.plist (which is
to be expected)  and it loaded just fine.

Anyone have any suggestions at all? Im running out of ideas
T.i.a.
-jc