[kismac] Re: possible GPSd implementation by William

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:00:58 +0200

>Oh, and those of you with GPS running already, using the netstumbler
>log export, am I right in thinking that the longitude and latitude
>figures given:
>N 42.006413    W 87.566795     ( 101 ) BSS
>are dd.mm(.)mmmm?  Nothing else seemed to make my home location come
>close enough to my normal home waypoint.  So that the above would be:
>42.010688  -87.944658
>in decimal degrees?

You are right as far as I can tell; same problem here. Maybe Mick
wants to add to the GPS preferences an option to indicate what the
format of the GPS receiver is (pure decimal or the dd,(!comma not
dot!)mm.(?)mmmm format. This will enhance the  precision of the map
plots.
And maybe also show the particular GPS coordinates along with the
'last seen' in the Networks pane and a breadcrum trace in an empty
map.
As far as I can tell now, kismac doesn't do gps things right, but
that might be me unplugging the usb gps mouse.

Ard