[kismac] possible GPSd implementation by William

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 09:22:30 +0200

>So I'm happy, and promise to finally look at the source code to see
>what is involved in switching to gpsd, in the hopes that GPS data can
>be accessed by more than one app at a time.  And I'm going to write
>some sort of script to take the netstumbler export and turn it into a
>simulated waypoint file to view in MacGPS Pro.

If MacGPS Pro can access GPSd, and you write code to implement GPSd,
you COULD think about GPSD reading the netstumbler input rather than
the GPS device (e.g. if no device is available or by whatever
criterion) and use that for GPSd output... Or is this a silly thought?

Will GPSd be a true daemon and (hence?) be faceless, or is it an
application with a GUI front end, or maybe a preference pane?

Ard