[kismac] Re: off - nextel wireless broadband

  • From: Andrew Koch <ppc603ev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:08:49 -0400

At 12:58 -0400 5/11/04, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

Nextel has initiated broadband wireless coverage in my area (Ral-Dur USA) after a brief trial period. The PC card in use is the Flarion ct-1000. It works with Windows only, but there's no evidence that there is anything special or proprietary going on, In fact, a Nextel drone told me that OSX/Linux should work, but it merely "not supported." This generally means a driver needs to be written, but that the only proprietary info might be related to the chipset and not the access itself.

Anyone here know what might be involved in more detail, getting this to work in OSX (or Linux)?

If it's anything like the Novatel Merlin cards, then it's a Hays Compatible command set.

You just have to figure out what strings the card expects.

I managed to get both the Merlin card AND the Motorola StarTac to work with MacOS X

--
Andrew Koch - K9LDT
Website: http://www.lildobe.net

Maintain thy airspeed lest the earth