[kismac] off - nextel wireless broadband

  • From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:58:58 -0400

Nextel has initiated broadband wireless coverage in my area (Ral-Dur USA) after a brief trial period. The PC card in use is the Flarion ct-1000. It works with Windows only, but there's no evidence that there is anything special or proprietary going on, In fact, a Nextel drone told me that OSX/Linux should work, but it merely "not supported." This generally means a driver needs to be written, but that the only proprietary info might be related to the chipset and not the access itself.

Anyone here know what might be involved in more detail, getting this to work in OSX (or Linux)?

Stefan Jeglinski