[kismac] no wlt1?

  • From: Scott Lundgren <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:14:01 -0400

I'm trying to get KisMac 0.21a (0.2a [$Revision: 138$]) to work and I'm completely stuck. Following step 2 in the trac entry on airport extreme troubleshooting, I have no wlt1 device listed in the output ifconfig from iTerm. What should I do next ? The wiki entry isn't clear if that device isn't there. My hardware and install procedure are below.

Thanks,

Hardware: powerbook G4 12"
OS: Mac OS X 10.4.7 (8J135)
Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme
Wireless Card Firmware Version: 404.2 (3.90.34.0.p16)

Install:
My user has "allow user to administer this computer" selected under System Preferences --> Accounts
When I installed the .dmg, I used the installer and accepted all the defaults settings, including to manually configure the driver.
When I started kismac, I opened the preferences, selected Airport Extreme Passive Mode, checked the permanently enable box, and immediately rebooted.