[kismac] Re: my DSL and the neighbors wireless...

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 01:26:06 +0200

At 9:51 PM +0200 2004/05/17, Lasse Vibe Jespersen wrote:

 if it has a popup thingamajig when you surf from it, and dhcp, it's
 probably free-for-all.
 using it without permission can give you police problems, if your
 neighbour cares/notices/knows who you are.

The rule I've generally used is that if they're using a default standard SSID, no WEP, not locked to specific MAC addresses, and allowing anyone to DHCP (basically running as wide-open as possible), then it's going to be more difficult to prosecute you for trespassing.

If they've done anything to secure their network, then you've got more serious legal issues.

Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>