[kismac] Re: my DSL and the neighbors wireless...

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 01:26:06 +0200

At 9:51 PM +0200 2004/05/17, Lasse Vibe Jespersen wrote:

 if it has a popup thingamajig when you surf from it, and dhcp, it's
 probably free-for-all.
 using it without permission can give you police problems, if your
 neighbour cares/notices/knows who you are.

The rule I've generally used is that if they're using a default standard SSID, no WEP, not locked to specific MAC addresses, and allowing anyone to DHCP (basically running as wide-open as possible), then it's going to be more difficult to prosecute you for trespassing.

If they've done anything to secure their network, then you've got more serious legal issues.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>