[kismac] Re: my DSL and the neighbors wireless...

  • From: Chris Osborn <fozztexx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:52:02 -0700

On May 17, 2004, at 12:46 PM, Larry Melman wrote:

From a legal stand point, how is one to know if a wireless network is purposely made available to others or not?

Knock on their door and ask?

On all the wireless networks I run I put in the domain name of the owners as the SSID so it would be a starting point if someone wanted to ask them online. I haven't actually checked to see if an @ is legal in the SSID. Maybe I should and see if I can put in my email address...