[kismac] Re: misc stuff

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:11:38 -0700

May routers will log known attacks if they detect them. It might be helpful to see if you router is noticing these attacks.

On Feb 26, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Christoph Koehler wrote:

Ah, you are right, that's probably it!
Reinjection seemed to work, although very slowly (which might mean
it's not working at all, I don't know). Kismac told me it's
reinjecting packets. My router was set to b and g, both.
For some reason deauth doesn't work at all. I could only test it with
my router, which is a WRT54GL, so it's pretty new. I have no idea why.
If you guys need me to do some test or so, I will gladly help do that!

On 2/26/06, Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You probably didn't notice an increase in packets while downloading
with your airport extreme because the ae is 802.11g and the usb is
b.  Therefore, the b adaptor is not going to be able to catch all of
the packets.  I have also noticed that re-injection  doesn't seem to
work on a g base station either when using a usb adaptor.  I have
used de-authentication successfully though.

On Feb 26, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Christoph Koehler wrote:

Hey guys,

there are a few things I noticed with my dwl 122 card, and I don't
know if they are right or now.
First of all, deauthentication doesn't work, but that might be my
Second, I was downloading a linux iso with my AE card at several
100kb/s, and capturing at the same time with my dwl 122. Traffic
captured did not increase as fast as my actual download speed was. I
don't know if this was caused by using the same machine for both.
Thirdly, authentication flood works in that I see all the bogus
clients in the list, but packet count doesn't really increase
significantly. IV and inj packets stay at 0.

So, I was just wondering if that is normal, or if it's a bug.