[kismac] Re: mac address change on classic orinoco gold ( 8410-EU )

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 19:28:43 +0200

regarding the Airport driver, it is impossible to change mac address now, because of how it's made.. or somesuch.. Mick can elaborate on this. I don't know why IOXPERT driver set is crippled like this. It is trivial to change mac address on all my other computers with my pccard and other network crap, and a driver I pay 25USD for really should allow this :(

There are a couple of problems one has to deal with when changing the MAC address on a os x system (that is why my sf driver patch needs an extra program to do this). the problem with ioxperts imho is that they authenticate your card with the MAC address.
Lasse: there is a way to patch your card permanently, however it is VERY difficult and dangerous. i cannot recommend it, unless you have a real reason to do so. note that you will not be able to use your ioxperts license anymore. if you still want to do it, send me a mail privately.