[kismac] Re: kismac r51 subversion binary (2nd try)

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 06:36:40 +0800

yeah! me too!  Thanks a bunch!

one thing that still happens is whenever I quit KisMAC after scanning, my computer will crash (with the grey screen overlay that says I have to restart in 5 different languages) when I try to restart or shutdown. Weird.

does that happen to anyone else?

That's a kernel panic... and no, it's never happened to me on quitting KisMAC. However, it is something I've noticed can happen if I do funny things with my GPS. I run my GPS through gpsd, which I find really improves a lot of things, but it does give me a very reliable way to cause a kernel panic: make sure gpsd is running, plug in the GPS (USB), close my iBook to put it to sleep, unplug the GPS, open the iBook again. I'd say about 30-50% of the time that will wake up to a kernel panic. However, I've not had any issues with panic on exit. My guess is your kernel panic is GPS related... try experimenting with having it connected or not, and plugging/unplugging it at different times: see if it affects the kernel panic behaviour.

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx