[kismac] Re: kismac r51 subversion binary (2nd try)

  • From: ard jonker <ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:46:04 +0100

At 13:00 +0100 2005/01/18, Brad Knowles wrote:

Will have to leave this to folks that have played with those drivers.

I've had a few kernel panics when the drivers didn't unload properly, but for me those were fixed with later versions of KisMac.

Right now, the only problem I've got with 0.12a or 0.2a is that it won't load the Prism2 driver (so that I don't lose my Airport connection when trying to passively sniff),

Running exactly that driver with an Enterasys alongside a normally driven internal airport card (TiBook400), I have no problems whatsoever. Maybe it is connected with the type of card; when one doesn't have the (proper?) card installed, Kismac refuses to load the driver. Is your card truly Prism2?
ard