[kismac] Re: how to remove Kismac?

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill Ferguson <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:07:26 -0700

Bill,

I would recommend removing the wireless card driver by hand. it is located in /System/Library/Extensions/

What are the symptoms you are seeing, we've had no other reports of trouble with this driver. I'm also CCing the mailing list as they may have more insight into this issue than I do. You should join the list if you would like to receive responses from them.

thanks,

Geoff
On Sep 13, 2006, at 7:01 PM, Bill Ferguson wrote:

Dear Geoffrey,

Help, it messed up my wireless card/driver!

I installed KisMac, then my wireless card no longer worked.

I ran the KisMAC install again, and chose Uninstall. It seemed to work, it didn't give an error message and said uninstalled successfully.

However, when I tried to re-install my wireless driver, I get an error message while installing;

There were errors installing the software, please try intalling the software again.

I have a Wallstreet Powerbook, it's an Orinoco Silver wireless card, I'm using Mac OS 10.4, and the Open Source Wireless driver. It had been working fine for months, before I installed KisMac.

Maybe we should start with removing KisMac. Can you tell me all files I should delete, to remove KisMac?

Could you tell me why the Wireless Driver will no longer install?

Thank you,
Bill Ferguson