[kismac] Re: help with dwl-122

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:21:14 -0700

It may take some time to generate injection packets, and even then, some newer routers have counter measures against this so they might not work. As far as the beach ball is concerned, do you see any messages in the console.log? I have noticed some quirks when trying to use the usb device more than once per reboot.

On Feb 23, 2006, at 9:00 PM, Christoph Koehler wrote:

Hey guys,

After several people here recommened the DWL-122, I got one.
I plugged it in, and could passive scan with Kismac, but none of the
deauth or authentication flood work (well).
Deauthentication doesn't reveal the hidden ssid on my network, and
authentication flood seems to generate some inj. packets, but when I
try injection (after collecting about 25 of them), it will not use
I installed the driver, but uninstalled it pretty quickly afterwards
when I heard it causes problems with spotlight.
So now, I get the beachball when trying to scan without channel hopping enabled.

People here reported it working, so I hope you guys can help me out.
I am not sure about firmware on the card, but I think it is 3.2.1. My
router is a pretty new linksys WRT54GL, set to b only and hiding ssid
broadcasting. MAC filter and WEP are also activated.