[kismac] help with dwl-122

  • From: "Christoph Koehler" <christoph.koehler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:00:42 -0600

Hey guys,

After several people here recommened the DWL-122, I got one.
I plugged it in, and could passive scan with Kismac, but none of the
deauth or authentication flood work (well).
Deauthentication doesn't reveal the hidden ssid on my network, and
authentication flood seems to generate some inj. packets, but when I
try injection (after collecting about 25 of them), it will not use
any.
I installed the driver, but uninstalled it pretty quickly afterwards
when I heard it causes problems with spotlight.
So now, I get the beachball when trying to scan without channel hopping enabled.

People here reported it working, so I hope you guys can help me out.
I am not sure about firmware on the card, but I think it is 3.2.1. My
router is a pretty new linksys WRT54GL, set to b only and hiding ssid
broadcasting. MAC filter and WEP are also activated.