[kismac] Re: help connecting to a peculiar network

  • From: James Kelly <macubergeek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 04:38:40 -0400

What you are overlooking is that what you are doing is of questionable legality.

You should reconsider your course of actions, I think.

Jim
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No matter where you go,
there you are."
Max Headroom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sep 10, 2006, at 7:03 PM, Farmer Booty wrote:

I've found a network I'd like to use that doesn't use WEP or WPA
encryption and broadcasts its SSID. I couldn't connect normally so I
concluded it's using MAC address filtering. Passively scanning the
network I recorded several client MAC addresses on that network. Later
when those clients have disconnected I've spoofed the MAC on my Mac to
each of these recorded MAC addresses. But I still cannot connect. What
am I overlooking?

cheers,

/bf