[kismac] Re: gpsdX - it's just like gpsd, only better!

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:41:05 +0800

One qualification on the crash in my previous message -- I only get an error if I try to run gps2ge from the command line. Double-clicking the executable runs fine, depositing the .kml files in /tmp as described.

I was wondering about that - and I think I've spotted the problem: you're allowed to specify the *path* for storing the KML files, but not the name of the KML file itself - the command you want should be "gps2ge -p ./" or "gps2ge -p ." (the trailing slash is optional). The link file for Google Earth will always be called "gps.kml"

Cheers,
Robin

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx