[kismac] Re: external antenna...

  • From: Rob Frohne <frohro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:16:58 -0700

Hi Ulf,

Your English is a lot better than my Deutsch!

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 01:04  PM, Ulf Wetzker wrote:

> Does someone know (perhaps rob ?!?) how to build a HF-Antennaswitch or
> how to activate the second external antenna port of the airport card
> (is
> an hardware problem ...)? Because then we would be able to use the
> internal antenna and an external antenna with to open the Ti/iMac all
> the time.

I haven't actually taken an Airport card apart yet.  They are a bit
more expensive than
the PCMCIA cards, so my method has been to use those and the ones I buy
have an antenna connector
already.  Some cards and many access points have two antenna ports.
They poll each for the S/N ratio and
use that to determine which one to use.  If the Airport card has
another antenna port inside that could be reached
without mechanical interference, it would be ideal to connect it to the
external antenna jack you propose.

Rob

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.