[kismac] connecting Garmin GPS device

  • From: Joshua Kinberg <jk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:59:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Kismac List,

I am trying to use a Garmin Rino 120 GPS device with my Titanium G4
Powerbook and Kismac v0.05e, but I am having trouble getting Kismac to
recognize the GPS device. I am using a Keyspan 19QW USB/Serial adaptor,
and have installed the driver. When I open the Kismac Preferences and
choose GPS, I see the Keyspan adapter listed as /dev/tty.USA19QW1P1.1,
however in the Map pane of my Kismac window it says: "GPS subsystem is not
working. See log file for more details." I tried the "reset GPS subsystem"
option from the Map menu, but it does not seem to do anything. The
interface settings of my Garmin GPS device are "NMEA In/NMEA Out" at 4800
Baud.

Has anyone gotten this device or a similar one working with Kismac? What
am I doing wrong? Any advice?

Thanks for your help,
Josh Kinberg