[kismac] Re: [binaervarianz] r111

  • From: Jon Steinmetz <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:06:34 -0600

On Mar 23, 2006, at 7:35 PM, themacuser wrote:

D-link DWL-122, or Netgear MA111 (v1, serial number starting with MA14...)

On 24/03/2006, at 7:42 AM, Jonathan Burns wrote:

What is the best (least expensive) wireless USB device that will work with the iMac Intel 10.4.5 that supports packet injection via KisMAC?

thanx

So I bought a couple of the Netgear MA111 on eBay to start hacking on them. Has anybody successfully added an external antenna jack to these? My googling has not yielded any results but I thought maybe someone on this list may have already hacked one.

I already have an orinoco PC card with a nice magnetic base external antenna but since I got my MacBook Pro the PC card does me no good. So I am searching for a USB solution. I have seen people adding antenna jacks to larger USB adapters and I could certainly go with one of those but I would really prefer a small solution that I can just carry with me all the time.

If I achieve any success I will post me results.