[kismac] Re: airport extreme error for MacBook

  • From: John Goodall <jgoodall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:16:26 -0400

are you using the latest kismac in svn? it works for me on an older macbook. check you MAC address against the supported cards: https:// trac.kismac.de/wiki/Hardware%20List

On Apr 5, 2007, at 11:12 PM, no zilla wrote:

Hello,

I get the following message when I try to scan with passive mode (Airport Extreme):

"Could not enable monitor mode for Airport Extreme.
Passive mode for Airport Extreme does not work with MacBookPros and recent Mac Minis, as they have different Airport Extreme Hardware." I was confused by this message since it said "Passive mode for AE does not work for MacBookPros and recent Mac Minis," where I have a regular MacBook (not pro). It is pretty new so maybe it uses the same Airport Extreme Hardware that doesn't work? Active mode works fine. Is anyone else having this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

AirPort Card Information:

  Wireless Card Type:    AirPort Extreme  (0x168C, 0x87)
  Wireless Card Locale:    USA
  Wireless Card Firmware Version:    1.0.47
  Current Wireless Network:    AirPort is currently turned off

Hardware Overview:

  Machine Name:    Mac
  Machine Model:    MacBook2,1
  Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo