[kismac] Re: airport extreme card?

  • From: Lars Scheithauer <larsscheithauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:43:11 +0200

The airport extreme-driver in kismac is unable to inject packages. You need a wireless adapter, that is capable of doing so - I believe you can find one in the kismac-wiki.

Although it is possible to crack a network without packet-injection (which will only generate more packets, so that you have more to analyze, thus making the keyfinding faster), kismac's packet- recording does not work correctly with the airport and airport- extreme (at least that's my last information, perhaps it is fixed right now. Just check by recording packages, use bruteforce-cracking, and see how many valid datapackets have been found).

Am 29.03.2007 um 18:08 schrieb vox_populi@xxxxxxxxxxx:

I am trying to use kismac to see how easy it is to crack my aiport base station from my airport extreme card in my g5 mac tower.

After installing and enabling passive mode, I am unable to check preferences>driver>injection>use as primary device.

The option is greyed out.

How do enable this option?

PS-I have rebooted a few times, and this was the first time I could actually get the scanning to work, I previously received error messages (I forgot to write them down)...anyway, scanning seems to work now...

thanks for any help....